- Abbasabadi, N., Ashayeri, M. (Eds). (Forthcoming/2023) Artificial Intelligence in Performance-driven Design: Theories, Methods and Tools, Wiley.
- Abbasabadi, N., Ashayeri, M. (Forthcoming/2023) Energy performance of urban spatial patterns: evidence from building energy benchmarking data. Book chapter accepted.
- Abbasabadi, N., Ashayeri, M., (Forthcoming/2023). Hybrid data-driven and physics-based approach for energy modeling. In N. Abbasabadi & M. Ashayeri (Ed.), Artificial Intelligence in Performance-driven Design: Theories, Methods, and Tools. Wiley.
- Ashayeri, M., Abbasabadi, N. (Forthcoming/2023). Multi-domain performance modeling using machine learning approaches. In N. Abbasabadi & M. Ashayeri (Ed.), Artificial Intelligence in Performance-driven Design: Theories, Methods, and Tools. Wiley.
- Abbasabadi, N., Ashayeri, M. (2017). Towards an adaptive urbanism beyond hard control: The theories of Johnson and Lefebvre. In M. Couceiro da Costa (Ed.), Architectural Research Addressing Societal Challenges (1st Edition ed., vol. 1, pp. 257–62). London, UK: CRC Press/Taylor & Francis Group.
PEER-REVIEWED JOURNAL ARTICLES
- Ashayeri, M., Abbasabadi, N. (2022). A framework for integrated energy and exposure to ambient pollution assessment (iEnEx) toward low-carbon, healthy, and equitable cities. Sustainable Cities and Society. 78, 103647.
- Ashayeri, M., Abbasabadi, N., Heidarinejad, M., Stephens, B. (2021). Predicting intraurban PM2.5 concentrations using enhanced machine learning approaches and incorporating human activity patterns. Environmental Research. 196, 110423.
- Abbasabadi, N., Ashayeri, M., Azari, R., Stephens, B., Heidarinejad, M. (2019). An integrated data-driven framework for urban energy use modeling (UEUM). Applied Energy, 253:113550.
- Abbasabadi, N., Ashayeri, M. (2019). Urban energy use modeling methods and tools: A review and an outlook. Building and Environment, 161:106270.
- Abbasabadi, N. (2019). Developing a data-driven framework for multi-scale integrated urban building and transportation energy modeling. Prometheus: Building, Cities, and Performance, 03: 36–39. 2688-0776.
- Azari, R., Abbasabadi, N. (2018). Embodied energy of buildings: A review of data, methods, challenges, and research trends. Energy and Buildings, 168, 225-235.
PEER-REVIEWED CONFERENCE PAPERS & PRESENTATIONS
- Piri, S. Ashayeri, M. Abbasabadi, N. (2023). Evaluating Occupant Satisfaction on Indoor Air Quality During the Covid-19 Stay-at-home Using Big Textual Data and NLP Approaches. The Research-Design Interface, ARCC 2023 International Conference.
- Kamalisarvestani, S. Ashayeri, M. Abbasabadi, N. (2023). kLitEn: A Multi-Objective Optimization Tool for Designing Kinetic Shading Patterns based on Integrated Daylight and Lighting Energy Performance. The Research-Design Interface, ARCC 2023 International Conference.
- Abbasabadi, N. Ashayeri, M., (2022). Covid-19 Pandemic and Equity within the Built Environment: Exploring Mobility, Energy, and Health Disparities Using Smart Data. Health in all Design, The Environmental Design Research Association (EDRA). EDRA58 Greenville, SC. June 1-4, 2022. (Digital Media)
- Luitjohan, S., Ashayeri, M., & Abbasabadi, N. (2022). An optimization framework and tool for context-sensitive solar-driven design using cellular automata (SDCA). 2022 Annual Modeling and Simulation Conference (ANNSIM), 593–604. https://doi.org/10.23919/ANNSIM55834.2022.9859496
- Abbasabadi, N., Ashayeri, M. (2021). Socioeconomic determinants of public health and residential building energy use in Chicago. 27th World Congress of Architects UIA 2021 Rio. ACSA. Volume II. ISBN 978-1-944214-31-9.
- Ashayeri, M., Abbasabadi, N. (2021). Energy justice, indoor air quality, and community resiliency against Covid-19 pandemic. Environments by Design: Health, Wellbeing and Place; AMPS: Architecture, Media, Politics, Society.
- Abbasabadi, N., Azari, R. (2019). A framework for urban building energy use modeling (pp. 386–94). The Future of Praxis: Applied Research as a Bridge Between Theory and Practice, Proceedings of the ARCC Conference, Toronto.
- Abbasabadi, N., Azari, R. (2019). A data-driven framework for urban building operational energy use modeling. (pp. 71-77). 2019 Symposium on Simulation for Architecture & Urban Design (SimAUD).
- Abbasabadi N., (2018). A predictive approach for an integrated urban building and transportation energy modeling: An application of artificial intelligence. Building, Cities, and Performance, IIT 3rd International Graduate Student Symposium, Chicago, IL.
- Abbasabadi N., (2019). An integrated data-driven framework for urban energy use modeling, (poster section) at the Energy-Efficient and Grid-Interactive Buildings, the Rosenfeld Symposium, Lawrence Berkeley National Laboratory, Berkeley, California, IL.
- Abbasabadi N., (2019). An integrated framework for urban energy use modeling: Applications of artificial intelligence, (presentation). presented at the Artificial Intelligence at IllinoisTech, Active Computational Thinking (ACT) Center, Department of Computer Science, Chicago, IL.
- Abbasabadi, N., Ashayeri, M. (2012). Recognition of cultural identity and sustainable urban design: Case study Shah-Cheragh historical zone. The first International Conference on Cultural Heritage and Identity Formation, Shiraz Azad University.
- Abbasabadi, N., Ashayeri, M. (2012). Sustainability in architecture: The place of technology. National Conference on Sustainable Development and Urban Construction, Esfahan Daneshpajoohan Institute of Higher Education.
- Abbasabadi, N., Ashayeri, M. (2012). Energy management and environmental design: Towards sustainable architecture. 2nd National Conference on Environmental Planning and Management (EPM), University of Tehran.